is designed for drill cuttings, heavy crude oil sludge and metal cuttings
The main advantage of mobile treatment plant MTU-1.0 is the ability to treat various waste such as:
- Spent Oil Base Mud and Water Base Mud
- Drill cuttings
- Oil contaminated soil
- Crude oil sludge
- Heavy centrifuge cuttings
- Soil contaminated by emergency spill of
oil and oil products
- Metal cuttings
One of the main environmental concerns is pollution caused by oil and gas industry. Drilling process wastes pose the highest risk to the environment. These wastes contain various chemical agents with different level of environmental hazard. Lots of cuttings pits are formed during oil and gas well drilling.
Content of oil products in drill cuttings is in the range from 2000 to 13870 mg/kg where 5,6% — gums, 20,1% — polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons.
When drill cuttings are heated at temperature 300 С°, toxicity level of drill cuttings is decreased by 10 times and at 500 С° drill cuttings are totally detoxified.
Cuttings treatment process using MTU-1.0 involves heat transfer to the material resulting in increase of temperature higher than evaporation point of volatile compounds contained in the treated material.
Process of hydrocarbons extraction from drill cuttings involves heating of the material through process chamber wall. High temperature in process chamber allows heating of drill cuttings up to boiling temperature of liquid phase which is then transferred into gas phase.
Next process step is gas condensation. Gas vapor is transferred from gas phase into liquid phase due to cooling in the condenser. Last process step is separation where liquid phase is separated into two fractions water and oil.
Dry solids containing maximum 0.5%…0.01% of hydrocarbon
Flow diagram of MTU-1.0 process
System of oil waste thermal treatment provides treatment up to 2 tons/hour of drill cuttings and further separation into three recovered fractions: oil (mineral or synthetic oil, fluid paraffin, diesel fuel), water and solid phase.
Hydrocarbons content: 5% 15% 25% of weight
Water content: 5% 15% 25% of weight
Solids content: 90 % 70% 50% of weight
- Reduced costs for delivery, storage and disposal of drill cuttings.
- Compact and mobile, 2 days mobilization and demobilization
- Low power consumption
- High experienced international team able to provide 24 hours support
- The latest mobile plant is equipped with European components such as: sensors, engines, pumps, electronics and other parts.
- Recovered oil, water and dry solids can be reused for customer needs. Recovered oil can be sold, used for plant and preparation of new drilling mud.
- The best way to prevent accumulation of oil waste.
- Saving money as it is very economic way for oil recycling.
Industry media analysts are actively discussing strong growth of drilling waste management business during next 7 years and Thermal Desorption is positioned as one of leading technologies on the market that deserve further development in the oilfield. Thermal Desorption Units (TDU) recover valuable base fluids from drill cuttings, spent drilling mud and other drilling wastes.